Introductory Weeks: 1 - 4
Week 1: Evolution of The Sleep Consultant
We discuss the history of this profession and how it all came about.
Week 2: The Successful Sleep Consultant
We discuss the components that make for a successful sleep consultant and a few of the pioneer sleep consultants and the future of this profession.
Week 3: The Most Common Sleeping Issues
A breakdown of some of the most common sleeping issues we help families resolve
Week 4: Business Aspects
What you will need to start, grow and maintain success in your business.
Lectures, Learning, Applying Weeks: 5-16
An Overview of the Topics We Will Cover:
- Establishing Healthy Sleep Habits from Birth Through Early Childhood: What are the components that make up healthy sleep?
- Biological Sleep Milestones: stages and transitions
- Safe Sleep Environments Preventing SIDS: this is a separate course which you will need to complete and pass as part of the certification requirements.
- Lactation Course: this is a separate course and cost which you will need to complete and pass as part of the certification requirements.
- Common Sleeping Challenges and Solutions: behavioral, delayed onset of sleep, crying, fragmented sleep, parasomnias.
- Child Development
- Parent Coaching 101
- Working with Families of Children With Special Needs
- Medical Conditions which Effect Sleep: Learn how to recognize and refer to medical professionals, adjust sleep practices around these medical challenges, respecting the pediatrician's perspective, PPD
- Parenting Styles: How different parenting styles and philosophies determine the style of sleep parenting
- Case Study Reviews: specific age groups, methods used appropriate to specific situations (parenting style consideration, working schedules, make up of family, layout of the home etc.) unusual challenges/situations
- Business Aspects: Website Design, Database Management, Marketing, Pricing
Faculty: (to read our faculty member bio's click here)
Deborah Pedrick: Certification Instructor
Becky Roosevelt: Assistant Instructor and Student Mentor
Sharyn Timerman: Child Development Specialist and Instructor
Dr. Sasha Carr: Parent Coaching 101, Instructor
Alanna McGinn and Jenn Kelner: Twins - Instructors
Debbie Sasson, Psyd: Special Needs - Instructor
Ingrid Prueher: Business Coach - Instructor
Course Date: Spring Session: February 23, 2016
Time: 1pm or 8pm Eastern Standard Time, once a week
Length of Class: 1.5/2 hours
Course Work: approx 10/12 hours a week
Where: Online Live Interactive Lecture
Tuition Investment: $3600 (we are currently taking applications)
Early Bird Registration Tiers:
$3400 (if the tuition is paid up front before October 23, 2015)
$3450 (if the tuition is paid up front before November 23, 2015)
$3500 (if the tuition is paid up front before December 23, 2015)
$3600 (if paid after December 23, 2015)
Please fill out the form below so that we may contact you and find out more about you and your interest in becoming a Certified Child Sleep Consultant, assess location, and/or answer any questions you may have regarding the institute or our programs.
If requesting an application for enrollment for the upcoming program; we set aside time to get to chat, answer any questions you may have about the course and make sure the fit is a match:
- Step I: Assess location for availability
- Step II:Application will be sent to you via email
- Step III: Complete, scan and send back in a .pdf format
- Step IV: Complete Phone Interview
- Step V: If Accepted, an invoice will be sent through paypal for either the deposit or full tuition payment
(Please Note: applying to the Family Sleep Institute's Child Sleep Consultant Certification Program does not guarantee acceptance)
* We have been experiencing some problems with our forms getting to us, if you do not get a response from us within 7 days please email us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org and in the subject line include "it's been 7 days"