Introductory Weeks: 1 - 4
Week 1: Evolution of The Sleep Consultant
We discuss the history of this profession and how it all came about.
Week 2: The Successful Sleep Consultant
We discuss the components that make for a successful sleep consultant and a few of the pioneer sleep consultants and the future of this profession.
Week 3: The Most Common Sleeping Issues
A breakdown of some of the most common sleeping issues we help families resolve
Week 4: Business Aspects
What you will need to start, grow and maintain success in your business.
Lectures, Learning, Applying Weeks: 5-16
An Overview of the Topics We Will Cover:
- Establishing Healthy Sleep Habits from Birth Through Early Childhood: What are the components that make up healthy sleep?
- Biological Sleep Milestones: stages and transitions
- Safe Sleep Environments Preventing SIDS: this is a separate course which you will need to complete and pass as part of the certification requirements.
- Lactation Course: this is a separate course and cost which you will need to complete and pass as part of the certification requirements. Approx $30 USD
- Common Sleeping Challenges and Solutions: behavioral, delayed onset of sleep, crying, fragmented sleep, parasomnias.
- Child Development
- Parent Coaching 101
- Working with Families of Children With Special Needs
- Medical Conditions which Effect Sleep: Learn how to recognize and refer to medical professionals, adjust sleep practices around these medical challenges, respecting the pediatrician's perspective, PPD
- The Incidence, Pathophysiology and Treatment GERD During Infancy
- Parenting Styles: How different parenting styles and philosophies determine the style of sleep parenting
- Case Study Reviews: specific age groups, methods used appropriate to specific situations (parenting style consideration, working schedules, make up of family, layout of the home etc.) unusual challenges/situations
- Business Aspects: Website Design, Database Management, Marketing, Pricing
(to read our faculty member bio's click here)
Deborah Pedrick: Certification Instructor
Becky Roosevelt: Assistant Instructor and Student Mentor
Sharyn Timerman: Child Development Specialist and Instructor
Dr. Sasha Carr: Parent Coaching 101, Instructor
Alanna McGinn and Jenn Kelner: Twins - Instructors
Dr. Debbie Sasson: Special Needs - Instructor
Ingrid Prueher: Business Coach - Instructor
Fall Session: September 27th, 2016
Time: 1pm or 8pm Eastern Standard/New York Time, once a week
Length of Class: 1.5/2 hours
Course Work: average 21 hours a week (total hours average 250+ to complete course)
Where: Online Live Interactive Lecture
Tuition Investment: $3600 (we are currently taking applications)
Early Bird Registration Tiers:
$3300 (if the tuition is paid up front before April 30th 2016) $300 off
$3400 (if the tuition is paid up front May 1st - June 30th 2016) $200 off
After July 1st 2016:
$3600 (all tuition must be paid in full by July 31st 2016)
After reading the FAQ page, please fill out the form below so that we may contact you and find out more about you and your interest in becoming a Certified Child Sleep Consultant, assess location, and/or answer any questions you may have regarding the institute or our programs.
If requesting an application for enrollment for the upcoming program; we set aside time to get to chat, answer any questions (please read the FAQ first) you may have about the course and make sure the fit is a match:
- Step I: Assess location for availability
- Step II: Application will be sent to you via email
- Step III: Complete, scan and send back in a .pdf format
- Step IV: Complete Phone Interview
- Step V: If Accepted, an invoice will be sent through paypal for either the deposit or full tuition payment
(Please Note: applying to the Family Sleep Institute's Child Sleep Consultant Certification Program does not guarantee acceptance)